Glam Slam: T-Shirt Kinda Girl

Wednesday 23 May 2012 by IrwanKch
May 23, 2012

I was recently surfing online and a blogger got my attention when she mentioned that she was not a T-shirt kind of girl. Boy, did that catch my eye, because I am SO a T-shirt kinda girl. I live in T-shirts and wear them almost every day to work (that probably sounds like I come to work looking like a slob, but I do dress them up with jackets and cardigans). James Dean may be the ultimate T-shirt guy, but I consider myself to be somewhat of a T-shirt connoisseur, so here are my picks for some of the best tees out there, in all price ranges.

A FINE LINE
Hilary Duff is a huge fan of these anything but basic tees. I wanted to buy one of every style off the rack at Barneys, I loved the super soft fabrics so much. But mostly, I liked the detailing, like an extra-long tee that drapes softly in back, the semi-sheer “Gia Boyfriend” tee or the “Quinn Top,” an oversize tee you can wear off one shoulder.

ALTERNATIVE APPAREL
I’m a bit obsessed with the linen blend semi-sheer black tee I bought from the brand, which includes Kristen Stewart and Sarah Jessica Parker as stylish fans. The Palm Springs desert is the inspiration for the 2012 Spring Collection. Stylish, and then some. I also like the company’s commitment to social responsibility and eco-friendly products.

ATM
“Glee’s” Lea Michelle, Julianne Moore, Dakota Fanning and Jake Gyllenhaal are all fans of ATM tees, the new luxury line by Anthony Thomas Melillo, the former creative director of Generra. There are several styles of tees and tanks for both men and women and prices range from $58-$82.

GAP
An American classic! The bulk of my T-shirts, especially white ones, which have to be replaced more often, come from the Gap. Soft fabrics, good colors and prices that are right in my budget. This weekend I bought the short sleeve oversize “Fulton” tee in white for a very reasonable $22.95. Can’t go wrong with that!

J CREW
The company is famous for its “Vintage Cotton” tees and I love, love, love the crewneck style best. These shirts are broken in to perfection. Don’t get me started on the on-trend colors. I bought a bright orange and neon citrus yellow tee and will live in them this summer. $29.50.


thumb

Ryan Patterson is a Supervising Producer for Access Hollywood

blueLine
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here!

As a member of the Access Hollywood online community you signed up to receive promotional e-mail updates about Glam Slam. Click here if you would like kanggonzales@gmail.com to be removed from the email list.
To update your personal information, click here.

NBC Universal Feedback
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Posted in |