Just Jared - Daily Updates

Tuesday 7 August 2012 by IrwanKch

Just Jared - Daily Updates

Link to Just Jared

Elizabeth Olsen: 'Glamour' Feature!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 07:45 AM PDT

Elizabeth Olsen: 'Glamour' Feature!

Elizabeth Olsen adds a pop of color in this new feature for Glamour‘s September 2012 issue, on newsstands now.

Here is what the 23-year-old Liberal Arts actress had to share with the mag:

On her family name: "My last name has always been my motivator to get proper acting training and be taken seriously. I didn't get to where I am because of who I'm related to."

On juggling school and her career: "I love school, but I got cast in Martha [Marcy May Marlene] while I was at New York University. So I was like, Screw it. I'll take this semester off. I'm still trying to figure out how I can finish my degree while doing all this!"

On dealing with fame: "Yesterday three people told me that I look like Elizabeth Olsen. That's never happened before. So awkward."

FYI: Lizzie is wearing a Burberry Prorsum jacket, t-shirt and skirt and Sermoneta Gloves red gloves in the picture above. She is wearing a Ralph Lauren Collection cardigan and shirt, Ralph Lauren Blue Label pants, Fred Leighton diamond brooch, and Giuseppe Zanotti Design booties in the picture inside.

For more from Elizabeth, visit Glamour.com!


Gwen Stefani Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' September 2012

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 07:27 AM PDT

Gwen Stefani Covers 'Harper's Bazaar' September 2012

Gwen Stefani wears an oversized pink hat on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar‘s September 2012 issue, on newsstands August 21.

Here is what the 42-year-old No Doubt frontwoman had to share with the mag, which is releasing its largest issue ever with 375 ad pages.

On her style: "I've always been a girl who loves to dress up. I already put my makeup on twice today: I put it on to take my kid to school, and then I went home, washed my face, and put it on again to have lunch with you. I like to make my husband like me more and he likes it when I'm wearing makeup.”

On staying fit: "I hate talking about my body [all the time]; it's ridiculous. There is no secret: You just have to eat healthy, work out, and torture yourself! I like to wear clothes too much, so I try to keep focused."

On motherhood: "It's superfun being a mom, but it's hard too. Finding that balance between work and family is the hardest thing I've ever done—by far."

On fame and gossip
: "That someone would say something untrue or bad about me doesn't bother me. It's like water off a duck's back. None of that stuff matters. There's something in me, being this passive person, that those kinds of things don't upset me. I know they can say anything; they can just make something up. But what are you going to do? It's not part of my reality, so it's okay."

FYI: Gwen is wearing a Jil Sander gown, and hat by Alexis Mabille Couture on the cover. Inside, she showcases looks by Alexander McQueen, Oscar de la Renta, the Row, Versace, and more.

For more from Gwen, visit HarpersBazaar.com!


Oscar-Winning Composer Marvin Hamlisch Dead at 68

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 07:07 AM PDT

Oscar-Winning Composer Marvin Hamlisch Dead at 68

Three time Oscar-winning composer Marvin Hamlisch has passed away at the age of 68 after a brief illness, a family spokesman told the Associated Press.

Mr. Hamlisch died on Monday (August 6) in Los Angeles. Other details are not being released.

Marvin picked up his three Oscars in 1974 for his work on both The Way We Were and The Sting. His work on the classic Broadway show A Chorus Line earned him a Pulitzer Prize. He also appeared as himself in the romantic comedy How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Our condolences and deepest sympathies go out to Marvin‘s family and friends.


Bridgit Mendler Photo Shoot - JustJared.com Exclusive!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 06:50 AM PDT

Bridgit Mendler Photo Shoot - JustJared.com Exclusive!

Bridgit Mendler strikes a pose in this exclusive new photo shoot for JustJared.com held last week in Los Angeles.

The 19-year-old Good Luck Charlie star may be known for her acting chops, but that’s all about to change!

Bridgit just released her first single, “Ready Or Not,” which was chosen as the JJ Music Monday selection this week. Make sure to give it a listen!

The music video for “Ready Or Not” will be released on August 10.

Click inside to read JustJared.com‘s exclusive interview with Bridgit

JJ: We loved getting you dolled up for your JJ feature. What was your favorite outfit?
BM: I had so much fun! I'd say my favorite look was probably the Barbie doll one, with the colorful dress and pink shoes. I think it's really fun to play dress up and experiment with style. It's fun to see how the makeup and hair combines with the outfit. I think what I like about shoots is that it's so different from my day-to-day dress.

JJ: We’re excited for everyone to hear your album, especially your single "Ready or Not.” How would you describe it?
BM: Thank you! Yeah, it's not just about meeting some guy at night, it's about self confidence. I thought it was a great introduction song. It represents the style of my album in a good way and sends a fun message – It's kind of all about girl power!

JJ: Nice. Did you co-write all of your songs?
BM: Yeah, I did. I got to work with some really talented people and I think we came up with some really fun stuff.

JJ: Several of your tracks are about relationships. Has writing music ever helped you deal with a break up?
BM: I haven't actually been in too many relationships, so I haven't really had to deal with a breakup before, but I'll let you know that it's really worked as a diary for me. Songwriting is actually a really great outlet for me and I kind of recommend it, because it's an awesome form of a diary and you get to sum it up in a song, then perform it really passionately.

JJ: Do you think the sound of your album will surprise people?
BM: I hope that fans will get something that they're not expecting out of it. It's kind of funky, jazzy, pop music with a little bit of R&B. Each song is pretty unique and has its own style and inspiration, so hopefully people will enjoy the diversity!

JJ: Were your lyrics inspired by real-life experiences?
BM: You know, I actually have a hard time writing about personal experiences just because a lot of times I can't sum them up correctly. I don't know why. Maybe I put too much pressure on myself. [Sometimes my lyrics] may describe a situation that happened to a friend and other times we come up with our own storylines. I think it can be fun to write about relationships just because they can be such unique stories with a lot of feeling and so many people can relate to them.

JJ: How many tracks are on the album?
BM: There are 12. It was really hard deciding on what made it onto the album and what didn't, because I feel each of the songs turned out being really unique, but I'm really happy with what's on there.

JJ: One of the songs that made the cut actually talks about blonde stereotype! Seeing how you have blonde locks, which stereotype would you say is your favorite and which one bugs you the most?
BM: The one I probably least like is the whole dumb blonde thing, but don't actually encounter it that much. The stereotype I do like is that blondes have more fun, because I think it's true!

JJ: Another one titled "I Forgot to Laugh" is about getting revenge on a guy who has crossed you too many times. Have you ever ever done anything to get back at an ex?
BM: (Laughs) I'm not the revenge type, but in the song the girl has a lot of unresolved issues with this guy and she wants him to get a flat tire and get stranded! I wrote that song intending it to be really sassy. I think girls usually want [their ex] to think, "Oh, you're going to be sorry." You know, where people want them to feel like they made a mistake? I think that's kind of the classic [way a girl thinks]. Although, I believe in forgiveness and resolving things, so that's not my style, but I thought it was fun to write about.

JJ: A lot of people will probably be able to relate to that one.
BM: Yeah, I think so too.

JJ: Once you completed your entire album, who was the first person from your circle of friends or family that got to hear it?
BM: The first person who got to hear it was my mom. The CD actually came to the house when I wasn't home, I was away on a trip, so [my mom] ended up calling me and was like, "I'm listening to your CD as I'm cleaning the house! It's so great!" Yeah, she's been using it as her soundtrack when she's at the house. (Laughs)

JJ: She's probably so proud of you! Has breaking into the music industry always been a dream of yours?
BM: It totally has! I love acting, but music has always been a passion of mine, so for me it's not something I'm doing because I can, I'm doing this because I really love it. I've been writing songs for a while, so it's really fun to have the music be accessible to everyone.

JJ: Who are some artists you look up to?
BM: A musician that really inspired me for songwriting was Bob Dylan. He's so playful with his lyrics and he likes to tell stories. I also really enjoy the musicality of Adele and Etta James. I think they're really cool figures to look up to.

JJ: Do you have a favorite summertime song?
BM: "Starships" by Nicki Minaj. All of my friends and I like to listen to that one when we're driving around.

JJ: Is there anyone you'd love to go on tour with?
BM: I'd love to go on tour with Shane Harper because he's a dear friend of mine and we'd have so much fun on the road!

JJ: Besides singing, you also star on a popular Disney show! Is there any former Disney star whose career path you admire?
BM: I admire Ryan Gosling because he was able to make an adult acting career for himself. He's done a wide range of projects and I'm also a fan of his music that he does on the side. I think his band has a really cool style, so being able to have both an acting career and music career is a fun thing.

JJ: You have such supportive fans! If you could say anything to them right now what would it be?
BM: I know! I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been following my acting and music. Hopefully you guys appreciate the songs! I also love hearing from you!


Johnny Depp: Pink Taco Aerosmith After Party!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 06:30 AM PDT

Johnny Depp: Pink Taco Aerosmith After Party!

Johnny Depp steps out in style leaving Pink Taco on Monday (August 6) in Los Angeles.

The 49-year-old actor joined Steven Tyler and others at a party celebrating Aerosmith‘s concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Johnny Depp

Steven recently revealed Johnny may be featured on Aerosmith‘s new album, Music from Another Dimension!, due out in November.

Johnny added backup vocals to the politically conscious rocker ‘Freedom Fighter’,” Steven told Rolling Stone. “But the song may end up an outtake or on a later deluxe edition of the album.”

10+ pictures inside of Johnny Depp leaving Pink Taco…


Madonna Visits Hard Candy Fitness in Russia!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 06:10 AM PDT

Madonna Visits Hard Candy Fitness in Russia!

Madonna makes an appearance at her Hard Candy Fitness club on Monday (August 6) in Moscow, Russia.

The 53-year-old entertainer is currently touring the world on her MDNA tour.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Madonna

"Well I can say why I chose Moscow. Because I, first of all, I love the city, and I had a very good experience when I came here with my show,” Madonna told RT.com. “And second of all, I feel like people here really have a good work ethic, and are really into fitness and work long hours, and I thought this was a really good place to start a gym.”


Miranda Kerr & Orlando Bloom: Sydney Arrival with Flynn!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 05:50 AM PDT

Miranda Kerr & Orlando Bloom: Sydney Arrival with Flynn!

Orlando Bloom, his wife Miranda Kerr, and their son Flynn arrive back in Sydney after a quick trip to Hamilton Island on Tuesday (August 7) in Australia.

The 35-year-old actor and the 29-year-old supermodel spent the weekend on a cruise vacation sailing around the Whitsunday islands.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Orlando Bloom

It is rumored that Orly will be making his Broadway debut this fall in a revival of the classic Shakespeare play Romeo & Juliet.

15+ pictures inside of Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr at the airport…


Lana Del Rey: 'Vogue Italia' Fashion Photo Shoot!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 05:20 AM PDT

Lana Del Rey: 'Vogue Italia' Fashion Photo Shoot!

Lana Del Rey gives a quick smile before hopping in her car outside of the Chateau Marmont on Monday (August 6) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The 26-year-old singer was gracious enough to stop and sign an autograph for a lucky super fan.

Lana recently posed for a fashion spread in Vogue Italia, sporting several different looks!

“I don't feel any pressure from the media. All that could be said,has been said,” Lana told the mag. “What wears me out is the frenzied rhythm of the journeys and of performing, trying to find the time necessary to do things that are important to me.”

15+ pictures inside of Lana Del Rey‘s Vogue Italia spread and her leaving the Chateau Marmont…


Olivier Martinez in 'The Physician' - First Look!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 04:50 AM PDT

Olivier Martinez in 'The Physician' - First Look!

Olivier Martinez poses in character at a set visit for his upcoming film The Physician held at MMC Studios on Monday (August 6) in Cologne, Germany.

The 46-year-old French actor was joined on the set by his co-stars Stellen Skarsgard, Ben Kingsley, Tom Payne, Nico Hofmann, and Paul Steinschulte.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Olivier Martinez

Here’s a synopsis of the film: In Persia in the 11th Century, a surgeon’s apprentice disguises himself as Jewish to study at a school that does not admit Christians.

Look out for the film to hit theaters sometime next year!


Vin Diesel: Nobu Restaurant with Tyrese Gibson!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 03:50 AM PDT

Vin Diesel: Nobu Restaurant with Tyrese Gibson!

Vin Diesel and Tyrese Gibson enjoy a fun night out together at Nobu restaurant on Saturday (August 4) in London, England.

After having dinner, the Fast Five co-stars were spotted leaving with their friends. At one point, Vin even gave the photogs a thumbs up!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Vin Diesel

“FaceTime is the BEST. I’m designing and decorating the restaurant in my backyard @gibsihana over FaceTime!! Thank u Steve Jobs!!!” Tyrese tweeted the next day.

10+ pictures inside of Vin Diesel and Tyrese Gibson at Nobu restaurant…


Nikki Reed & Paul McDonald: Weekend Workout!

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 02:20 AM PDT

Nikki Reed & Paul McDonald: Weekend Workout!

Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald are inseparable as they step out after a workout on Sunday (August 5) in Los Angeles.

The 24-year-old actress and her 27-year-old hubby kept it casual and shared a smile as they made their way back to their car.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Nikki Reed

On Friday, Nikki attended the Carmen Steffens U.S Flagship Store Opening to help get the word out about the Brazilian brand.

10+ pics inside of Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald walking back to their car after a workout…


Mamie Gummer is 'Emily Owens, M.D.'

Posted: 07 Aug 2012 12:50 AM PDT

Mamie Gummer is 'Emily Owens, M.D.'

Mamie Gummer looks ready to save some lives in promotional photos released for her upcoming CW show Emily Owens, M.D.

The 29-year-old actress and daughter of Hollywood legend Meryl Streep is joined in the series by Hart of Dixie actor Justin Hartley.

The show follows Emily (Gummer)’s story – she is beginning her residency at a large hospital and is glad that her high school days are finally behind her. Much to her dismay, however, Emily soon discovers that a hospital and a high school aren’t all that different.

Emily Owens, M.D. premieres Tuesday, October 16 at 9/8c on the CW!

15+ pics inside…


Brooke Burke & David Charvet: Malibu Beach Lovers!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 11:20 PM PDT

Brooke Burke & David Charvet: Malibu Beach Lovers!

Brooke Burke smiles and shows off her bangin' bikini bod as she hits the waves on Sunday (August 5) in Malibu, Calif.

The 40-year-old entertainer was joined by her shirtless hubby David Charvet as they enjoyed the sunny afternoon relaxing with friends and playing beach volleyball.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Brooke Burke

“My hubs thinks every game is like Olympic trials,” Brooke wrote on her Twitter account. “I’m sooooo sore from beach volleyball. Think it was harder than my work out!”

10+ pictures inside of Brooke Burke and David Charvet in Malibu…


Elizabeth Olsen: 'Liberal Arts' International Trailer!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 10:21 PM PDT

Elizabeth Olsen: 'Liberal Arts' International Trailer!

Elizabeth Olsen gets emotional in this brand new international trailer from her upcoming film Liberal Arts.

The 23-year-old actress stars in the flick as a 19-year-old college student named Zibby who enters a powerful romantic relationship with a 35-year-old alum named Jesse (Josh Radnor).

Josh wrote and directed the flick – which was shot at his own alma mater, Kenyon College.

The flick also stars Zac Efron, Richard Jenkins, Allison Janney, and Elizabeth Reaser.

The 2012 Sundance Film Festival hit is set for a September 14 domestic release.


Jennifer Garner: 'Timothy Green' Premiere with Joel Edgerton!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 09:20 PM PDT

Jennifer Garner: 'Timothy Green' Premiere with Joel Edgerton!

Jennifer Garner is gorgeous in a Lanvin dress at the premiere of her film The Odd Life of Timothy Green held at the El Capitan Theatre on Monday (August 6) in Hollywood.

The 40-year-old actress, who accessorized with Neil Lane jewels, was joined by her co-star Joel Edgerton. On the carpet, Jennifer met up with her young co-star CJ Adams and gave him a big hug!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jennifer Garner

Look out for The Odd Life of Timothy Green, in theaters on August 15.

Also pictured inside: Jennifer leaving the gym with her mom Pat earlier in the day.

25+ pictures inside of Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton at the premiere of The Odd Life of Timothy Green


Michael Phelps & Megan Rossee: Red Carpet Couple Debut!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 08:53 PM PDT

Michael Phelps & Megan Rossee: Red Carpet Couple Debut!

Michael Phelps puts his arm around girlfriend Megan Rossee at the Speedo Athlete Celebration held at Kensington Roof Gardens on Monday (August 6) in London, England.

This was the 27-year-old Olympian and his gal pal’s red carpet debut as a couple!!

Also in attendance at the big affair were fellow swimmers Ryan Lochte and Nathan Adrian.

“I can’t thank my friends and family enough for coming to London to support!!! Love u all some much!” Michael tweeted in appreciation the day before. That same evening, Michael was spotted celebrating his Olympic wins with Megan.


Conor Maynard: Debut Album 'Contrast' Tops UK Charts!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 08:20 PM PDT

Conor Maynard: Debut Album 'Contrast' Tops UK Charts!

Conor Maynard sticks his tongue out at photographers heading into Whisky Mist on Sunday (August 5) in London, England.

The 19-year-old British breakout star celebrated the news of his debut album Contrast debuting at #1 on the official UK Albums Chart.

“Can’t believe we did it #Mayniacs… #Contrast is number 1 in the UK!!,” Conor wrote on his Twitter account. “Can’t wait to keep going with you guys!! Onwards and upwards!!”

Conor‘s single “Vegas Girl” is available on iTunes now and Contrast will be released in the U.S on October 16!


Will Ferrell Brings 'The Campaign' to Australia!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 07:20 PM PDT

Will Ferrell Brings 'The Campaign' to Australia!

Will Ferrell poses in front of the Sydney Opera House during a photo call to promote his new film The Campaign on Monday (August 6) in Australia.

The 45-year-old actor attended the premiere of the film the evening before at Hoyts EQ.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Will Ferrell

Here's the film's synopsis: In order to gain influence over their North Carolina district, two CEOs seize an opportunity to oust long-term congressman Cam Brady (Ferrell) by putting up a rival candidate. Their man: naive Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), director of the local Tourism Center.

20+ pictures inside of Will Ferrell in Australia…


Leven Rambin & Trevor Donovan: '#NoFilter' Premiere!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 06:20 PM PDT

Leven Rambin & Trevor Donovan: '#NoFilter' Premiere!

Leven Rambin and Trevor Donovan check out the premiere of Fox Head’s new film #NoFilter The Movie at the US Open of Surfing on Saturday (August 4) in Huntington Beach, Calif.

The 22-year-old Hunger Games actress, who stars alongside Gerard Butler in the upcoming surfing flick Chasing Mavericks, traded pointers with pro Ian Walsh at the event.

#NoFilter The Movie gives an in-depth, raw look into the lives of some of surfing’s elite, including Fox pro-surfers Ian, Damien Hobgood, and Bede Durbidge.

You can watch the entire movie below!


#NoFilter The Movie – Watch Now


Zac Efron: 'Sesame Street' Season Forty-Three Guest Star!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 05:50 PM PDT

Zac Efron: 'Sesame Street' Season Forty-Three Guest Star!

Check out this first look image of Zac Efron in his guest spot on the upcoming season of Sesame Street!

The 24-year-old actor will be featured in an episode on the show’s forty-third season emphasizing the word “patience”.

Also involved in the upcoming season and pictured below are guest stars David Beckham, Kristen Bell, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Steve Carell, Jon Hamm, Eric Stonestreet, Wendy Williams, Timothy Olyphant, and Jay Mohr.

According to EW, stars also set to make appearances are Halle Berry, Don Cheadle, Amy Ryan, Melissa McCarthy, Casey Affleck, Paula Patton, Maya Rudolph, Ed Helms, Dax Shepard, and Colbie Caillat, among others.

Look out for the new season on September 24!

10+ Sesame Street promo pics inside…


Michelle Williams & Jason Segel: Matilda Pick Up!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 05:20 PM PDT

Michelle Williams & Jason Segel: Matilda Pick Up!

Michelle Williams and her boyfriend Jason Segel pick up her daughter Matilda from gymnastics class on Monday (August 6) in Los Angeles.

The 31-year-old actress was all smiles as her and Matilda walked hand in hand to the car, while Jason hopped in the driver’s seat.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Michelle Williams

Last week, Jason and Matilda were spotted having a blast while playing games outside of his home.

20+ pictures inside of Michelle Williams and Jason Segel picking up Matilda from gymnastics class…


Joshua Jackson: Monday Morning Jog!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 04:50 PM PDT

Joshua Jackson: Monday Morning Jog!

Joshua Jackson starts the day off right with an early morning invigorating jog on Monday (August 6) in Vancouver, Canada.

The 34-year-old actor is currently filming the final season for his television show Fringe.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Joshua Jackson

Last week, Josh and his longtime girlfriend Diane Kruger were spotted grabbing some dinner together at Mr. Chow restaurant in Beverly Hills!

Be sure to look out for Fringe when it returns from summer hiatus – the show will be back on the air on September 28!


Katie Holmes & Suri: Museum of Modern Art Visit!

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 04:30 PM PDT

Katie Holmes & Suri: Museum of Modern Art Visit!

Katie Holmes shares a fun-filled afternoon with her daughter Suri as the pair visit the Museum of Modern Art together on Monday (August 6) in New York City.

After their museum trip, the 33-year-old actress and Suri enjoyed lunch on the steps of the art house before hailing a cab home.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katie Holmes

Earlier in the weekend, Katie was spotted looking ultra cute while running some errands.

Meanwhile, Suri is back in the Big Apple after taking a vacation with her dad Tom Cruise to Disney World!

10+ pictures inside of Katie Holmes and Suri visiting the MOMA museum…


Alexander Skarsgard: Returning for 'Zoolander 2'?

Posted: 06 Aug 2012 04:10 PM PDT

Alexander Skarsgard: Returning for 'Zoolander 2'?

Alexander Skarsgard goes for a walk after picking up some groceries on Monday (August 6) in Vancouver, Canada.

The 35-year-old actor is trying to reprise his role in the upcoming sequel to Zoolander, even though his character was killed off in the first film.

“I’m pitching it right now. I wouldn’t want to miss that,” Alex told British GQ. “Well, I’m hoping they would do something like the scene with Hamlet’s father, and that Meekus will come back as a ghost — I mean, he’s definitely dead.”

DO YOU WANT to see Alexander Skarsgard in Zoolander 2?


Posted in |