Glam Slam: Broke My Fashion ‘Diet’

Wednesday 15 August 2012 by IrwanKch
August 15, 2012

My wallet is on a wardrobe diet. It needs to lose a little weight when it comes to fashion finances!

I’ve been on a mission to spend less in general and not to spend on clothes at all during the month of August for a couple of reasons:

1) I am trying to save money, duh!

2) Let’s face it, it’s a bit ridiculous to buy sweaters in the middle of a 100 degree heat wave.

However, the “diet” is not going as well as I had hoped. We’re barely halfway through the month and I have already cheated. A little.

I went into Zara and they had A LOT of new, fun, fall stuff. So tempting. And I gave in to temptation. I bought a sweater, (yes, I know, a sweater in this heat!) a couple of inexpensive shirts and faux leather leggings. I knew that with the fast turnover that I wouldn’t be able to find these things in November when it actually starts to cool off here in California.

Arg — where is my willpower? Apparently, I left it at the cash register!

You know how they always tell dieters that if you slip up and have some ice cream not to lose complete control and eat the whole container? The same goes for this. It’s back on the budget bandwagon for me. STAT!

Which makes me miss the good ol’ days, you know, before the recession, before price hikes and budget cuts and all that. Sigh. But I’m willing to trade in having the latest trendy item in hopes that saving up will pay off one day with my daughter in a college graduation cap and gown. That’s one of the most stylish ensembles I can think of.


thumb

Ryan Patterson is a Supervising Producer for Access Hollywood

blueLine
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here!

As a member of the Access Hollywood online community you signed up to receive promotional e-mail updates about Glam Slam. Click here if you would like kanggonzales@gmail.com to be removed from the email list.
To update your personal information, click here.

NBC Universal Feedback
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Posted in |