Glam Slam: How To Stay Cool When It’s Hot

Wednesday 18 July 2012 by IrwanKch
July 18, 2012

This is me. This is me (and my daughter) in South Carolina in the middle of a heat wave. I keep picturing those old “This is your brain on drugs” PSA’s when I look at this.

It was 98 degrees with a heat index of over 110 degrees. And we’re not talking a dry heat, we’re talking full on humidity.

Here are a few ways to keep cool when the going gets hot:

1. SHOW SOME LEG:
Shorts and dresses are your best friends. I didn’t even pack a pair of pants. Why take up precious space in my suitcase? I wore shorts and cute summer dresses 24/7. If your legs aren’t your favorite body part, skip the shorts and do a longer length dress or skirt. Love the natural “air conditioning” you get from either.

2. WEAR COTTON:
I spent my week wearing cool, breathable cotton. I purposely didn’t pack some cute silk shirts, due to the heat. However, I did bring one polyester/rayon dress and regretted it because I was burning up in all those synthetics. Cotton really does make a huge difference.

3. GO LIGHT:
Wear light colors. They are cooler than dressing in my favorite head-to-toe black! Plus, the lighter colors are better at camouflaging sweat than dark ones.

4. TOP IT OFF:
A woven straw hat is a godsend in the summer. It’s still cool, but keeps the hot sun off of your face and also hides bad hair that goes crazy in humidity!

5. SPLURGE A LITTLE:
Eat lots of ice cream. And popsicles. Any anything else that will help you cool off. Here I am at an adorable bakery in Charleston, SC where we stopped numerous times to get homemade ice cream and popsicles. Yummy!

 

thumb

Ryan Patterson is a Supervising Producer for Access Hollywood

blueLine
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here!

As a member of the Access Hollywood online community you signed up to receive promotional e-mail updates about Glam Slam. Click here if you would like kanggonzales@gmail.com to be removed from the email list.
To update your personal information, click here.

NBC Universal Feedback
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Posted in |